Open Positions




Prof. M. Rodwell


High-Frequency Electronics Group




Maps & Directions


Group members


Open Positions


Current Projects






Ph.D. Theses









Last updated 6/8/2015

Postdoctoral Research Positions

The group *may* have one postdoctoral position open, starting Autumn 2015, in nm III-V CMOS develoment. Please do contact me if you (a) have interest, (b) have a PhD. in semiconductor device physics or materials growth, and (c) have demonstrated (built and published) high-performance transistors, lasers, or modulators.

I have no specific postdoctoral openings in RF-IC design, but please do contact me if you (a) have interest, (b) have a PhD. in RF-IC design, and (c) have demonstrated (published) several high-performance mm-wave ICs.













Graduate Research Positions in Device Physics and IC Design.

The group has immediate (June-December 2015) openings for highly qualified students seeking to obtain a PhD. in high-speed IC design for mm-wave and high-speed optical communications.


The group may have (September-December 2015) 1-2 openings for highly qualified students seeking to obtain a PhD.  in semiconductor physics.

Do please write to me, but see the notes below.


The group regularly recuits new Ph.D. students with interests in IC design, semiconductor devices, and materials growth.  The normal application process to the department and the university should be followed; please mention in your application Rodwell group if you have specific interest in working with us. 


If you would like to write to me by email, please note the following. Each Autumn, professors receive many list-generated emails from prospective students. Please do not do this: I  can't respond to such letters. To help me respond to your personal note, please keep your letter and your resume short and focused, tell me your class rank, your grades, your publications, the specific group project you wish to join, and provide the name of a well-known researcher or professor whom I can contact to obtain a reference. Letters are for introduction: you must also complete a formal application for graduate admission to UCSB. 


Master's Degree Students.

Graduate students applying to admission to the ECE department can be admitted into the M.S., Ph.D., or combined M.S./Ph.D. programs.  Prof. Rodwell's research group does not provide financial support  (research assistantships) to students admitted to UCSB through the M.S.-only program.  If you would like to be considered for a research assistantship in this group, please be sure to apply for admission to the Ph.D.  or combined  M.S./Ph.D. programs.

Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering