Greetings, I am Dr. Julian Yarkony. I finished a PhD in computer science at the Univesity of California Irvine in July 2012.
I studied under Dr. Charless Fowlkes and collaborated
heavily with Dr. Alexander Ihler. I completed a post-doc with
B.S. Manjunath during August 2012-October 2013. I also completed a post-doc at the university of Heidelberg/University
of California Irvine under Fred Hamprecht
and Pierre Baldi while working in Germany. Currently I am a data scientist at Experian though I am still an active academic.
My work historically concerns MAP inference in Markov random fields/correlation clustering with applications to computer vision. My current work is all deep learning all the time (with lots of novel algorithms and math). My erdos number is 3.
Dr. Julian E. Yarkony PhD
Doctor of Philosophy
Experian Data Lab
- Julian Yarkony , Charless Fowlkes Planar Ultrametric Rounding for Image Segmentation . Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 2015. ArXiv Version [pdf]
- Julian Yarkony Thorsten Beier, Pierre Baldi, Fred A. Hamprecht, "Parallel Multicut Segmentation via Dual Decomposition" New Frontiers in Mining Complex Patterns (NFMCP 2014) [pdf] Journal version
- Julian Yarkony Analyzing PlanarCC: Demonstrating the Equivalence of PlanarCC and The Multi-Cut LP Relaxation. Neural Information Processing Systems (NIPS) 2014 workshop on Discrete Optimization [pdf]
- Julian Yarkony Chong Zhang, Charless Fowlkes Hierarchical Planar Correlation Clustering for Cell Segmentation", EMMCVPR, Hong Kong, (Jan 2015)[pdf]
- Chong Zhang, J. Yarkony , Fred Hamprecht, " Cell detection and segmentation using correlation clustering ORAL ", MICCAI, Boston USA, (Sept. 2014). [pdf]
- Julian Yarkony Thorsten Beier, Pierre Baldi, Fred A. Hamprecht, "Parallel Multicut Segmentation via Dual Decomposition" New Frontiers in Mining Complex Patterns (NFMCP 2014) [pdf] Extended version
- B. Andres*, J. Yarkony *, B.S. Manjunath, S. Kirchhoff, E. Turetken, C. Fowlkes, H. Pfister,
"Segmenting Planar Superpixel Adjacency Graphs w.r.t. non-planar Superpixel Affinity Graphs ORAL", EMMCVPR, Lund, Sweden, (Aug. 2013). [pdf][sup]
* means authors contributed equally
- J. Yarkony "PhD Disseration:Planarity Matters: MAP Inference in Planar Markov Random Fields with Applications to Computer Vision" [pdf] (July 2012)
- J. Yarkony, A. Ihler, C. Fowlkes. "Fast Planar Correlation Clustering for Image Segmentation",[pdf], Firzene, Italy (October 2012).
- J. Yarkony, R. Morshed, A. Ihler, C. Fowlkes. "Tightening MRF Relaxations with Planar Subproblems",UAI, Barcelona, Spain (July 2011). [pdf]
This includes a correction that was facilitated by Dr. David Sontag.
- J. Yarkony, A. Ihler, C. Fowlkes. "Planar Cycle Covering Graphs",
UAI, Barcelona, Spain (July 2011). [pdf]
- J. Yarkony, R. Morshed, A. Ihler, C. Fowlkes. "Planar Decompositions and Cycle Constraints",Workshop on Inference in Graphical Models with Structured Potentials, Colorado Springs, CO, (June 2011) [pdf]
- J. Yarkony, C. Fowlkes, A. Ihler, "Covering Trees and Lower-bounds on Quadratic Assignment",CVPR, San Francisco, (June 2010)
- H. Eshuis, J. Yarkony and F. Furche, "Fast computation of molecular RPA correlation energies using resolution-of-the-identity and imaginary frequency integration",Journal of Chemical Physics, (June 2010)
- J. Yarkony "Masters Thesis, Covering Trees: New Variational Bounds on MAP Assignment in Markov Random Fields " [pdf] (March 2010)