Emerging Memory Technologies: Design, Architecture, and Applications is published by Springer.
"3D IC Design: EDA, Design And Microarchitectures" is published by Springer
- (02/2015)[Award] Kaisheng Ma, Yang Zheng, and Shuangchen Li, together with PSU and Tsinghua collaborators, won [HPCA 2015 Best Paper Award].
- (12/2014)[IEEE Fellow] Yuan Xie is elevated to IEEE Fellow due to contributions in design automation and architecture for 3D ICs.
- (10/2014)[Award] Ping Chip's ICCAD 2014 paper received IEEE/ACM William J. McCalla ICCAD Best Paper Award.
- (10/2014)[Graduation] Dr. Cong Xu defensed his Ph.D. thesis.
- (10/2014)[Graduation] Dr. Jue Wang defensed her Ph.D. thesis and joined Oracle as a research scientist.
- (10/2014)[Paper] Jishen Zhao 's paper is accepted by MICRO 2014.
- (08/2014)[Conference] ISLPED 2014 was held in San Diego. Dr. Xie serves as the General co-chair.
- (02/2014)[Papers] Congratulations for 4 papers accepted by DAC 2014!
- (01/2014)[Graduation] Dr. Tao Zhang defensed his Ph.D. thesis and joined Nvidia as a senior architect.
- (01/2014)[Graduation] Dr. Jishen Zhao defensed her Ph.D. thesis and joined HP as a research scientist.
- (12/2013)[Award] Jishen Zhao et al. received "Best Paper Award Honorable Mention" in MICRO 2013.
- (09/2013)[Conference] ISLPED 2013 was held in Beijing on Sept.4-6, 2013. Dr. Xie serves as the TPC co-chair.
- (08/2013)[Graduation] Dr. Dimin Niu defensed his Ph.D. thesis and joined Samsung as a senior architect.
Jue Wang and Xiangyu Dong's paper is nominated for DATE 2013 Best Paper Candidate.
- (03/2013)[Paper] Guangyu Sun received 2012 EDAA Outstanding Dissertation Award.
- (01/2013)[Student] Ivan Stalev joined the group for Ph.D. study, starting from Spring 2013. He got B.S. from Penn State, and worked for Intel before joining our group.
ASPDAC 2013 was held in Yokohama, Japan. Dr. Xie served as the TPC chair.
- (10/2012)[Paper] Prof. Xie and Tsinghua collaborators won Best paper award at ISVLSI 2012.
- (08/2011)[Graduation] Dr. Guangyu Sun defensed his Ph.D. thesis and joined Peking University, China, as Assistant Professor.
- (08/2011)[Graduation] Dr. Xiangyu Dong defensed his Ph.D. thesis and joined Qualcomm as a senior engineer.
- (08/2011)[Graduation] Dr. Yibo Chen defensed his Ph.D. thesis and joined Synopsys as a senior engineer.
- (08/2011)[Award] Yibo Chen won Best Paper Award for ISLPED 2011,
- (06/2011)[Award] Xiangyu Dong named ACM Student Research Competition Graduate Final Winner, awarded at ACM Award Banquet on June 4, 2011.
- (06/2011)[Papers] 2 ISCA papers and 1 DAC paper, 12 students will attend DAC 2011 and ISCA 2011
- (01/2011)[Internship] Tao Zhang (Microsoft), Cong Xu (HP Labs), and Dimin Niu (HP Labs).
- (01/2011)[Student] Jue Wang joined the group for Ph.D. study, starting from Spring 2011.
- (12/2010)[Paper] Jin Ouyang presented his paper in MICRO 2010, Hsiang-yun Cheng presented her paper in MICRO 2010.
- (09/2010)[Students] Matt Poremba, Hsiang-yun Cheng joined the group for Ph.D. study, starting fromFall 2010.
- (06/2010)[Paper] 3 papers accepted by DAC 2010, 7 students will attend DAC 2010.
- (05/2010)[Internship] Xiangyu Dong and Cong Xu (HP Labs); Guangyu Sun (IMEC); Tao Zhang (ITRI).
- (03/2010)[Student] Dr. Xiaoxia Wu successfully defensed her thesis and officially became a full-time researcher in Qualcomm (San Diego, CA).
- (01/2010)[Award] Balaji Vaidyanthan received Best Poster Award in student forum, and Yibo Chen's paper was nominated for Best Paper Award in ASP-DAC 2010
- (12/2009)[Student] After collaborating with TSMC for 2 years as co-op, Balaji Vaidyanthan successfully defensed his thesis and officially became a full-time researcher in TSMC (Taiwan).
- (8/2009)[Students] Angelina Brown, Matt Cotter, Cong Xu, Jishen Zhao, Jing Xie, Yang Xiao join the group for graduate study, starting from Fall 2009.
- (7/2009)[Internship] Guangyu Sun will be an International Scholar in IMEC, Belgium working as a co-op in 3D IC design group.
- (6/2009)[Internship] Jin Ouyang will work as a summer intern in ITRI, Taiwan
- (4/2009)[Internship] Yibo Chen will work as a summer intern in Mentor Graphics, under the supervision of Dr. Andres Takach, the Chief Scientist in Mentor.
- (4/2009)[Internship] Xiangyu Dong will work as a summer intern in HP Labs, under the supervision of Dr. Norm Jouppi
- (4/2009)[Internship] Xiaoxia Wu will work as a summer intern at Qualcomm, San Diego during the summer.
- (1/2009)[Visitor] Dr. Lian Duan and Dr. Yongsoo Joo join the group as research associates. Dr. Duan received his Ph.D. degree from Peking University. Dr. Joo received his Ph.D. degree from Seoul National University.
- (1/2009)[Student] Deanna Chnarrs joins the group in Spring 2008. She is a senior student in CSE dept.
- (1/2009)[Student] Matt Poremba joins the group in Spring 2008. He is an undergraduate student in CSE department at Penn State.
- (1/2009)[Paper] Xiangyu Dong's ASP-DAC paper was one of the Best Paper Nominatee among more than 350 submissions to ASP-DAC 2009.
- (12/2008)[Job] Paul Falkenstern successfully defensed his thesis on 3D EDA tools, and will join Lockheed Martin in Jan 2009.
- (12/2008)[Job] Benjamin Hvostal finishes his honor thesis and will join Intel in Jan 2009.
- (09/2008)[Internship] Xiangyu Dong will work as a co-op at HP Labs from 09/2008 to 12/2008.
- (09/2008)[Students] Mr. Dimin Niu joins the group in Fall 2008. He received B.S. and M.S. degree from Tsinghua University.
- (09/2008)[Students] Mr. Tao Zhang joins the group in Fall 2008. He received B.S. and M.S. degree from Peking University.
- (05/2008)[Award] Prof. Xie received IBM Faculty Award. News Link.
- (04/2008)[Award] Prof. Xie received the CSE department "Faculty Teaching Award", and the
"Outstanding Teaching Award" Nomination in College of Engineering. Department news
[Internship] Paul Falkenstern received an NSF fellowship and will work in Taiwan during the summer.
[Internship] Xiaoxia Wu will work as a summer intern at IBM Austin research lab from 06/08-09/08.
[Job]Feng Wang successfully finished his Ph.D. thesis defense, and will join
Qualcomm to be a 3D IC enginner. Congratulations!
- (01/2008)[Award] Feng Wang and Xiaoxia Wu's paper
"Variability-Driven Module Selection with Joint Design Time Optimization and Post-Silicon Tuning." is selected for the Best Paper Award in ASP-DAC 2008!
- (08/2007) [Grant]
Prof. Xie, along with Prof. Vijaykrishnan, received a research gift
from Toyota, on fault-tolerant circuits design.
- (07/2007) [Grant] Prof
Xie received a new NSF/CNS grant as a PI, tilted "Hybrid
Timing Analysis via Multi-Mode Execution", this is a collaborative
reserach with Prof. Frank Mueller
- (07/2007) [Grant] Prof.
Xie received a new grant as a PI from Honda Research Institute on 3D IC
- (07/2007) Mr. Jin Ouyang will join the group in Fall 2007. He
received B.S. degree from Peking
- (07/2007) Mr. Xiangyu Dong will join the group in Fall 2007. He
received B.S. and M.S. degree from Shanghai Jiaotong University
- (07/2007) Mr. Yibo Chen will join the group in Fall 2007. He received B.S. and M.S. degree from Tsinghua University
- (07/2007) Mr. Paul Falkenstern joined the group in summer 2007. He received B.S. degree from Penn State.
- (06/2007) Ms. Xiaoxia Wu
recevied a grant to attend SIGDA Design Automation Summer School and
- (06/2007) [Grant] Prof.
Xie, along with Prof. Vijaykrishnan and Prof. Das, received a NSF/CCF
grant, titled "Hodoo: Holistic Design of On-chip network"
- (05/2007) Prof. Xie is invited to visit Honda Research Institute
at Tokyo, Japan, to discuss collaboration on 3D IC research.
- (05/2007) Prof. Xie visits Tsinghua University as a visiting
Professor. He also organizes Penn
State President's visit to Tsinghua
- (05/2007) Mr. Feng Wang will spend the summer at Mentor Graphics. InC.
- (05/2007) Mr. Balaji Vaidyanathan will spend the summer at TSMC
- (01/2007) Prof. Xie will serve as Associate Editor for IEEE
Transactions on VLSI Systems starting from 2007.
- (12/2006) [Award] Prof.
Xie received the prestigious NSF
CAREER award 2006 news link at PSU
live and PSU CSE
- (12/2006) We organized a 3D Tutorial at International Symposium on Microarchitecture (MICRO 2006)
- (11/2006) Dr. Wei-lun Hung's paper "Guarantee Performance Yield
in High Level Synthesis", was nominated for Best Paper Award in ICCAD
- (11/2006) Prof. Xie is invited to give a talk at "3D architectures for
semiconductor integration and packing" conference
- (12/2006) Wei-lun Hung received his Ph.D. degree and accepted a job at Lattice Semiconductor, Congratulations!(10/2006)
- (10/2006) [Grant] Prof. Xie received a new grant as a PI from DARPA/IBM on "technology and design infrastructure for high performance 3D ICs"
- (10/2006) Prof. Xie is invited to give a talk at University of
Pittsburgh on "The Challenges of Designing 3D Microarchitectures"
- Please check the updated Research Community pages