- 6 Nobel Laureates – physics (3), chemistry (2) and economics (1)
- #5 Public University – Forbes magazine
- #12 Public University – U.S. News & World Report
- An Elite Research University – AAU membership
- 29 National Academy of Engineering Members
Visit Electrical & Computer Engineering
UC, Santa Barbara is a mid-sized university of approximately 26,000+ students that offers a world-class education in a picturesque seaside location set against the backdrop of the Santa Ynez Mountains. UCSB students and faculty are part of an academic community that is ranked among the top research and teaching institutions in the United States. Faculty include six Nobel Prize winners and many other award-winning scholars.
The 1,055-acre campus is located on the Pacific Ocean off of Highway 101 in Central California – 100 miles northwest of Los Angeles and 330 miles southeast of San Francisco. The closest city centers are Goleta – 3 miles and downtown Santa Barbara – 10 miles.
Learn more About UC Santa Barbara
Experience UCSB with a Virtual Tour