The combined BS/MS in the Electrical and Computer Engineering program at UC Santa Barbara seeks to prepare undergraduate students at UCSB more deeply and broadly than the Bachelor's program alone.
The program allows outstanding students to pursue a Bachelor of Science degree in Electrical Engineering and a Master of Science degree in Electrical & Computer Engineering or Materials and to complete graduation requirements for both degrees ideally within five years. Graduate units taken during the student's senior year will allow the completion of MS program requirements in the fifth year.
Applications are accepted once per year with the application deadline the last day of Spring quarter.
- The BS/MS in ECE program is ONLY open to current UCSB Electrical Engineering and Computer Engineering students
- Students must have completed all required upper-division ECE & CS courses when they apply and must have a minimum cumulative GPA of at least a 3.0, but this does not guarantee admission.
Interested students should make their interest known to the department early in their 3rd year (typically their junior year) and plan to apply in the Spring quarter of that year.
As this is an accelerated program, it is expected that all of the required courses for the EE major are completed including all of the junior required courses. GRE exams are not required to apply.
Advancing to Master's Status
An application fee is required to finalize advancement to Master's status. Contact Graduate Admissions Coordinator about advancing to Master's degree.
ECE BS/MS Application
The application will be submitted via google form. The online form will be available later in the year.
Fall 2024 Deadline: June 14, 2024
A completed application packet consists of:
- Completed personal information
- Three Letters of Recommendation
- Statement of Purpose (1 page minimum, 2 page maximum)
- Statement of Personal Contributions / Achievements (1 page minimum, 2 page maximum)
- Resume or CV
- Unofficial Transcript